|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
The delightful flavors of lemongrass and garlic really shine through in this simple grilled pork chop recipe. I recommend keeping the pork chops thin so that the marinade can really penetrate. Serve with a sunny-side-up egg for a true Vietnamese style dish.
4 thin, bone-in pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
Cooked white rice, for serving
Eggs, for topping
Sliced green onion, garnish
8-12 garlic cloves, minced
2 scallions or 1 small shallot, minced
10-15 dashes fish sauce
⅓ cup tamari
¼ cup oyster sauce
⅓ cup honey
1 tbsp minced lemongrass
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Red pepper flakes, optional
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Place the pork chops in a shallow baking dish or large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade on top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill (or a cast iron skillet) to medium-high heat.
- Grill the pork chops for about 4-5 minutes per side (depending on the thickness), or until an internal temperature of 145° is reached.
- While the pork chops are cooking, transfer the remaining marinade to a saucepan and simmer over medium heat until reduced by about half.
- To serve, place one chop atop a bed of rice, top with a sunny-side-up egg, spoon on some of the reduced marinade, and garnish with sliced green onions. Enjoy!