|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
2 cups long grain white rice
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
2 tsp turmeric
14 oz (1 block) extra firm tofu, cubed
2 tbsp bacon fat (or coconut oil)
2 tsp hot chili oil
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Thai chili peppers (or other small, spicy pepper), thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups frozen peas
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
½ tsp cardamom
1 tsp white pepper
1 pinch salt
- Combine the rice, chicken stock, water, and turmeric in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until all of the liquid has absorbed.
- Heat 1 tbsp bacon fat, 1 tsp chili oil, and 1 tsp sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the tofu until browned on all sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining bacon fat, chili oil, and sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the Thai chili pepper, red bell pepper, green onion, yellow onion, carrots, and peas to the pan.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened and browned then season with the soy sauce, cardamom, white pepper, and salt.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook while stirring constantly. Add the rice to the pan and mix well.
- Remove from heat, stir in the tofu, taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve and enjoy! (This goes great with my recipe for Asian Grilled Chicken.)