|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
Super easy to make this Thai Coconut Carrot Soup in the Instant Pot. You'll just love how the the flavors pop in your mouth, spicy, crunchy and smooth!
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 small onion - peeled and diced
1 lb carrots - peeled and diced
2 garlic cloves - minced
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp honey
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 tsp fresh lime juice
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ cup julienned fresh basil - plus 3 tbsp for garnish
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and heat the coconut oil. Add the onion and carrots. Sauté for 3–5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add the garlic and curry paste. Continue to sauté for 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients, except 3 tablespoons basil. Lock lid.
- Press the soup button and adjust time to 20 minutes.
- When timer beeps, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Quick-release any additional pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- In the Instant Pot, purée soup with an immersion blender, or use a stand blender and purée in batches.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish each bowl with 1/2 tablespoon basil, and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from: Instant Pot