|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
Simple BBQ Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa and Homemade Aioli!! Made the Pineapple Sweet Onion Tomato Salsa with a little fresh Thai basil. Plus I did a little Tangy Aioli with a kick. Dang, that’s crazy good!!! I used fresh mahi from @southmauifishcompany but you can use any fresh or fresh-frozen white fish.
6 medium, white fish filets (such as mahi, marlin, or swordfish)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pineapple Sweet Onion Tomato Salsa
1 lb pineapple, diced
5 medium tomatoes, cored and diced
½ bunch Thai basil, finely chopped
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Begin by making the aioli: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the aioli and whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the salsa, combine the pineapple, tomatoes, basil, sweet onion, and jalapeño in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the fresh lime juice and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the fish, brush both sides of the fish filets with a bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the grill pan on a preheated grill and cook for about 8-12 minutes (depending on the thickness).
- Warm the tortillas by throwing directly on the grill for about 1 minute per side.
- To assemble, spread some of the tangy aioli onto a tortilla, add the fish, and top with a hefty scoop of pineapple salsa.
- Serve with a Mai Tai and enjoy!