|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 pinch salt
2 tbsp bacon fat, lard, or vegetable oil
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup minced shallots
1 ½ cups chicken broth
¼ cup sautéed mushrooms
Salt and pepper
- To prepare the Yorkshire puddings, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour and mix until smooth. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes then remove from the fridge and bring to room temp before baking.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a muffin tin in the oven until very hot.
- Remove from the oven and add about 1/2 tsp of bacon fat, lard, or fat of your choice to each cavity of the muffin tin. Return to the oven for about 1-2 minutes, until smoking.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and immediately transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the gravy, heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and sauté the shallots for 1-2 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until well incorporated. Stir in the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes, until thickened.
- To serve the Yorkshire puddings, spoon the gravy right into the center of each pudding and enjoy!