|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 35 mins|
For my dads out there that hunt! This wild boar pasta with red wine sauce is so delicious! If boar isn't your thing, it's just as tasty with any other ground meat.
1 large onion, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs ground boar (or other ground meat)
1 can diced tomatoes
3 bay leaves
1 cup red wine
5 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup crushed red peppers
1 cinnamon stick
3 sundried tomatoes
1 tsp anchovy paste
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 package corkscrew pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the diced onion and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the ground boar (or other meat) and cook until browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking, covered, for at least 30 minutes. (If using stew meat, you'll want to cook until the meat falls apart, a couple of hours.)
- Cook the pasta to al dente.
- Remove the bay leaf and cinnamon stick from the sauce and serve the sauce over the pasta.
- Top with grated Pecorino, Parmigiano, or Ramano cheese. Serve and enjoy!