|YIELDS: 24 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
¾ cup raisins
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
¾ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ cup milk or almond milk
1 egg white
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I used Cup4Cup gluten free flour)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
2 cups whole oats (not quick cooking/instant)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover them with the whiskey. Let them soak while you prepare the cookie dough.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together the softened butter, applesauce, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the milk, egg, egg white, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the oats and raisins.
- Scoop rounded teaspoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until barely browned around the edges (be sure not to overcook).
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool (but I highly recommend eating them while they're still warm!).