|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins|
Whiskey brined BBQ'd game hens are the way to go! The flavors from the whiskey brine plus using a coke can adds a tons of moisture making the hens so tasty!
2 game hens
- Pour the whiskey into a large pot and boil until reduced by half.
- Add the garlic, salt, sugar, brown sugar, peppercorns, and bay leaves.
- Add a few cups of water and stir until sugar and salt are incorporated.
- Add the rest of your water. Bring to boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add 5- 8 ice cubes.
- Once cool you can add your poultry. Transfer to the fridge and let brine for 8 - 24 hours.
- Once the game hens have brined, take them out of the fridge and pat them dry with a paper towel. Let them sit out to get to room temperature.
- Preheat your grill to 400°F.
- Use a coke can or beer (with the coke in it) and insert it into the opening of the hen.
- Place the hens on the preheated grill and let them do their thing. Pull the hens out when they hit 165°F internal temperature, about 1 hour cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!