The simplest, most flavorful steak you'll ever taste! A perfectly marbled ribeye topped with a simple, herb compound butter.
American Wagyu, bone-in ribeye from Good Sliver Steak Company
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
½ cup unsalted butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed and finely chopped
3 stalks rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
Cast iron skillet
Microwave safe bowl or measuring cup
ice cube tray (I like the large, silicone molds)
2. Pour the melted butter into an ice cube tray, being sure to get equal amounts of herbs into each cube.
3. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until set. (Can be made ahead of time and extra cubes of butter can be frozen.)
4. Pull steak from refrigerator and set out on counter for 30-60 minutes. Apply cracked pepper and kosher salt.
5. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Melt a couple tablespoons of coconut oil in the pan, then add the steak.
7. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until an internal temperature of 130°F (medium-rare) has been reached.
8. Let rest for several minutes. While resting, remove one of the pads of compound butter and rub over the steak.
9. Slice against the grain into slices and serve!