|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins|
1 whole chicken, about 2-3 lbs
1 tsp Meat Church Holy Voodoo BBQ Rub
3 cloves garlic
3 pieces chopped onion
1 (12 oz) can of beer
½ cup melted butter, room temperature
2 tbsp Holy Voodoo Rub
Holy Voodoo Rub to cover the outside of the chicken
1 tsp garlic powder
½ cup apple cider vinegar
Smoker or grill
Ceramic beer can/chicken stand
Instant read thermometer
- Preheat your smoker to about 400°F. I used red wine barrel soaked oak pellets for my pellet smoker.
- Whisk all injection ingredients together.
- Using a kitchen syringe, inject the liquid into various spots on the chicken.Try to be even as possible, injecting about 1/2 of the mixture into the breasts, and the other 1/2 throughout the rest of the chicken.
- Rub the chicken down with olive oil, and apply an even layer of Holy Voodoo Rub to the bird.
- Drink half of the beer (LOL), widen the opening of the can or use a ceramic beer can like I have, then put the beer, garlic, onion and a teaspoon of the Holy Voodoo rub in the can.
- Place the bird on the can.
- Smoke the chicken for about 1 hour, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
Visit BBQGalore.com for all your BBQing Needs!