|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 15 mins|
1 tsp pureed ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced shallots
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium if you have it)
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1 tbsp garlic chili sauce
32 oz chicken stock or chicken broth
1 lb fresh Udon Noodles
Large pot or wok
- Heat a pot or wok with the sesame oil on medium heat for a couple minutes.
- Add your ham, mushrooms, ginger, garlic and shallots and mix in the pot for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock and bring it to a low boil.
- Add the soy sauce and udon noodles and cook for 3-5 minutes. Include a pinch of fresh ground pepper and add your garlic chili sauce and stir.
- Turn off your stove and serve!
Notes: Follow the instructions on the udon package, they can vary. If you can find the udon that is FRESH and ready to cook, that is the best and usually only takes 3-5 minutes to cook.
You can also use pre-cooked udon that comes in a package, all you need to do with that is heat them up in the soup.
Alternatively if you don't have udon you can use spaghetti noodles - follow the instructions on the box cooking them separately and adding them into the soup after.
For the ginger, garlic and shallots, if you don't have fresh, then I like to use Christopher Ranch style that is already in a jar and ready to use. It's simple and easy!