|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
1 tbsp oil
8 oz diced turkey breast
¼ cup diced red onion
¼ cup tomato paste
2 tbsp cilantro
1 tsp minced garlic
Bell Pepper Salad
½ cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Irio (Mashed Potatoes with Spinach, Corn, and Beans)
1 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed
½ cup spinach purée
1 cup sweet corn
1 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup flour
¼ cup oil
2 tbsp butter
- For the salad, toss the green pepper, red pepper, parsley, cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- For the turkey stew, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the diced red onion and sauté until softened.
- Add the diced turkey and continue sautéing for 4-5 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in the tomato paste, cilantro, and minced garlic. Simmer for 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve over polenta and garnish with the bell pepper salad.
- For the irio, bring a large pot of water to a boil and boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, until fork tender.
- Heat 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp butter and mix well.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the pot with the flour mixture.
- Add the kidney beans and corn and mash well. Stir in the spinach purée and continue mashing until everything is well combined.
- Serve alongside the turkey stew.