|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
Chef Thom shows us how to take a plain, and often bland, fish like tilapia and turn it into a gourmet meal with the addition of a beurre blanc sauce. (Don't worry, it's super simple!)
4 tilapia filets
2 tbsp butter, melted
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, to taste
Beurre Blanc Sauce
½ cup (1 stick) butter
½ cup dry white wIne
¼ cup heavy cream
1 shallot, chopped
2 bay leaves
½ tsp black peppercorns
½ tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the wine, shallots, bay leaves, black peppercorns, and dried thyme to a small saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and let boil down for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the tilapia filets, skin side up, on a cutting board and brush with a bit of melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, then place skin side down a baking sheet covered with foil.
- Brush the other side with melted butter and season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of paprika for color.
- Transfer the tilapia to the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter, about a tbsp. at a time.
- After all of the butter has been added to the sauce, strain it through a fine mesh strainer.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Remove the tilapia from the oven and plate with your favorite sides. (We love this with sautéed spinach and rice.)
- Serve with the beurre blanc and enjoy!