|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Making the Ultimate Burger is what everyone wants... This Bison & Lamb burger will absolutely knock your socks off! It's super Juicy with incredible flavors and the homemade Thousand Island Dressing kicks it up a notch! This will be your new go to burger...
1 lb ground bison
1 lb ground lamb
Bacon, 10 slices
Pepper jack cheese, sliced
Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Thousand Island dressing, to taste
- Start by making the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and place in your refrigerator for a few hours so the sugar dissolves and all the flavors blend.
- Preheat grill to 400°F... get it hot! Place your skillet (for the onions) on the grill so it gets hot too.
- Slice the red onion into thin slices.
- Cut 2 pieces of bacon and place them in a hot skillet on the grill. Let them cook for a couple minutes, then add the onions. Cooked them until they are soft and caramelized. When done set aside in a bowl to build your burger later.
- Add the other 8 slices of bacon on the grill at the same time you are sautéing your onions. Don't over cook your bacon, you want them to have a little floppiness to them. Set them aside for your build later.
- In a bowl mix the bison and lamb together slowly... you don't want to over mix it. Just make sure it's blended nicely.
- Form into 1/2 lb patties and sprinkle a generous amount of kosher salt and cracked pepper on both sides.
- Place your burger on the hot grill 400- 450°F and let them cook... don't over flip your burger! Set it on one side for about 5-7 minutes then flip it over. Let it sit for another 5-7 minutes and it should be done. Add cheese so it melts.
- Highly recommend using an instant probe thermometer to get it to the perfect temperature! 125°F is medium rare (recommended), 135°F is medium, 145°F well done.
- Take your bottom bun and add some Thousand Island Dressing to it.
- Add the lettuce then the tomato (sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the tomato).
- Add your burger on top of the tomato. Then add your bacon, onion and pickles.
- Add Thousand Island Dressing to the top of your bun and place it on top of your Ultimate Burger!
Tip: To get your Lettuce and Tomato crispy and cold... add them both into an Ice Bath for several minutes. Make sure to dry them off before placing on your burger.