|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
This is the best ceviche you will ever have! Adding the mango in it takes it to a whole new level...you need to try this!
¾ lb semi firm white fish (we used halibut)
½ lb scallops
¾ cup lime juice
¼ cup orange juice
1 tsp honey
2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
1 large jalapeño, seeded, ribbed and finely diced
½ small red onion, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 small avocado, peeled and diced
¼ cup mint leaves, gently packed and chopped
3 tbsp cilantro, gently packed and chopped
Kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper
½ mango, peeled and chopped in small cubes
- Place the fish and scallops in a large non-reactive mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, orange juice and honey. Pour mixture over seafood. Stir to evenly coat the fish. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes, gently stirring the mixture halfway through refrigeration time.
- Add the tomatoes, jalapeno, onion and garlic to the fish mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for an additional 10 minutes or until fish is cooked to your liking.
- Drain the mixture and transfer to a serving bowl. Gently stir in the avocado, mint and cilantro and mango Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt, pepper and additional herbs if desired.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges. Enjoy!