YIELDS: 8 Servings
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 3 hrs 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 3 hrs 40 mins
Your search for the perfect Thanksgiving Turkey recipe is over! Everything you need to know is right here - from the brine to the bake. This is the most flavorful, succulent turkey you'll ever taste!
1 turkey, thawed
½ cup butter, softened
Salt, pepper, and/or seasoning of your choice
5 gallons water
1 gallon apple cider vinegar
1 lb salt
1 lb sugar
Aromatics (Use all or some and adjust amounts to taste)
½ cup whole peppercorns
6 bay leaves
¼ cup crushed garlic
3 cinnamon sticks
2 yellow onions, chopped
1 apple, chopped
Soy sauce, to finish (optional)
Large brining container
Large roasting pan with rack
- Make the brine by dissolving the salt and sugar in the water and apple cider vinegar in a large brining container. Add the aromatics and mix well.
- Add a good amount of ice to chill the brine, then add your thawed turkey.
- I like to brine for 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, dry turkey and place on a baking rack. Cover the breast with foil and bake at 350°F until an internal temperature of 150°F is reached.
- While the turkey bakes, mix together the softened butter with the seasoning of your choice.
- When the internal temperature reaches 150°F, remove the turkey and turn the oven to broil.
- Rub the turkey with the seasoned butter and return to the oven.
- Broil until the turkey is nice and golden and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Rest and carve.
Trick: We brushed the bird with soy sauce and then gave it a little more color with a kitchen torch!