|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 26 mins||TOTAL TIME: 36 mins|
2 lb tri tip roast
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup hoisin sauce
2 tsp minced ginger
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Cast iron skillet
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a medium, glass bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Submerge the tri tip into the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 10 hours. (You can also transfer everything to a ziplock bag and/or inject some of the marinade into the meat. Either way, make sure the tri tip is completely submerged in the marinade.)
- When ready to cook, remove the tri tip and let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven or smoker to 375°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the meat on all sides and edges, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to the oven for about 20 minutes, until an internal temperature of 125°F is reached.
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Let stand for about 10 minutes before slicing (against the grain) and serving.