|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 18mins||TOTAL TIME: 23 mins|
A quick and easy stir fry using Japanese eggplants (or whichever variety you may be growing this summer), sweet onion, and macadamia nuts. Makes a great side dish or serve over rice for a satisfying vegetarian dinner!
4 Japanese eggplants
2 tsp sesame oil
½ Maui onion, diced
2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
⅓ cup coconut aminos
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp raw honey
¼ cup roughly chopped macadamia nuts
Hoisin sauce, to taste (optional)
- Cut the eggplant into 1 1/2 - 2" pieces.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the eggplant and onion for 2-3 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the ginger and coconut aminos and continue sautéing for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add about 1/3 cup water then cover and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with freshly ground pepper and a bit of hoisin sauce (if using).
- Cook for another few minutes, until the eggplant is fork tender.
- Remove from heat. Toss with the honey and sprinkle the macadamia nuts over the top. Serve and enjoy!