|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 30 mins||COOK TIME: 12 mins||TOTAL TIME: 42 mins|
Stewed banana in coconut cream with tapioca pearls and mung beans. This is a light and sweet, Cambodian dessert. Serve it warm for best result.
- Fill two bowls with water and soak both the tapioca pearls and mung beans for 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut the banana into chunks.
- Bring 1 ¼ cup water to a boil and add the drained tapioca pearls, drained mung beans, sugar, and salt.
- Simmer, stirring often, until the mung bean is soft.
- Stir in the banana and coconut cream.
- Continue simmering for 3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Enjoy warm or chilled over crushed ice.