|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
The perfect combination of sweet and sour - the whole family is going to love this mango chicken recipe! Quick, easy, and better than takeout!
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
3 green chilies, minced
1 cup chopped onion (large pieces)
1 cup chopped bell pepper (1" pieces)
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp red chili sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
Salt, to taste
½ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water
1 cup mango
Cooked white rice or rice noodles
Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Combine the cornstarch, flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces and toss until well coated.
- Heat a couple inches of oil in a large, heavy bottomed pan. Fry the chicken pieces until lightly golden then drain on paper towels.
- Once the oil is hot again, return the chicken and fry until nicely browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Fry the minced garlic and chilies for a few seconds.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and fry for one minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, red chili paste, ketchup, and rice vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth then stir into the sauce.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Spoon over white rice or noodles, garnish with chopped green onions, serve, and enjoy!