|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
This easy peasy Sweet Potato Hash with Maple Bacon makes a tasty side dish or add an egg and make a breakfast out of it!
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes unpeeled, diced
7-8 bacon strips (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper
Pinch of cinnamon
1 sprig rosemary
- Heat a cast iron skillet and add chopped bacon to it. On medium heat cook bacon until brown and crispy. Remove cooked bacon and pat dry.
- Leave 1 teaspoon of bacon fat in the skillet and save rest for another occasion.
- Add the butter.
- Toss the diced sweet potato cubes with the salt, pepper, cayenne and cinnamon. Mix well. Add the potatoes to the pan once the butter has melted. Cover and let cook for about 15 minutes.
- Give it a stir. If the potatoes are not tender and starting to stick too much, add about 1/3 cup water or broth to steam in liquid for a few minutes.
- When the sweet potato pieces are tender, stir in the maple syrup and add the cooked bacon and rosemary sprig to the skillet. Cook for another 5 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fried eggs on top for brunch or serve it up as a side dish to all your other good food!