|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 50 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr|
2 whole squab (baby pigeons) from Devil's Gulch Ranch
salt and pepper, to taste
lemon pepper, to taste
4 tbsp ghee
1 white onion, thinly sliced
1 lb potatoes (we used a mix of red, purple, and yellow), thinly sliced
2 tbsp butter
3 large sauté pans
- Begin by removing the wings and legs from the squab using a boning knife.
- Toss the wings and legs with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper. Place in a large pan and add enough orange juice to cover about 1/2 - 3/4 of the wings/legs. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Season the breasts with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper as well.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of the ghee in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Toss the sliced potatoes with the melted butter and 1-2 tablespoons ghee. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to a large pan over medium-high heat and cook, turning often, until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Once cooked, add the sautéed onions and keep warm until ready to serve.
- To cook the breasts, heat a bit of ghee in a large pan over medium heat. Pan fry the breasts until cooked through (internal temp of 145°F).
- Serve the pan fried breasts and braised wings/legs with some of the sautéed onions and potatoes and enjoy!