|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
Nothing beats ribeye steak turned into tacos especially when you make them spicy! This alternate way to make the spicy sauce with broccoli is crazy good. Time to up your game!
Broccoli Jalapeño Cheese Sauce
1 poblano pepper- roasted
2 jalapeño pepper - roasted
1 ½ heads broccoli
1 stick butter
½ yellow onion - chopped
1 tbsp kosher salt
½ tsp pepper - cracked
1 cup chicken stock
½ cup whole milk
8 oz sour cream
12 oz Mexican blend cheese
2 tbsp cilantro
4 dashes Tapatio hot sauce
½ squeezed lemon juice
8 corn tortillas
1 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, diced
2 pinches cilantro
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- For the broccoli jalapeño cheese sauce, cut and steam the broccoli until lightly cooked.
- Roast peppers directly on the stove until the skin is bubbled.
- Place peppers in a plastic bag so they steam up (to make it easier to peel the skin off - use paper towel to skin them when cooled).
- Take the seeds out of the peppers and chopped them up.
- Place the stick of butter in saucepan and add the 1/2 chopped onion - put on low heat.
- Add the steamed chopped broccoli to sauce pan and mix.
- Add the peppers and stir.
- Add the chicken stock and milk, bring to medium heat - not boiling.
- Add the sour cream.
- Stir it up. Get your immersion blender out and blend the mixture up so it's thin soup like consistency. If you don't have an immersion blender use your blender and then replace it back in the saucepan when done.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, cilantro, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir it up and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- For the ribeye, get your skillet out and put it on a medium heat and let it sit while getting your other ingredients ready.
- Combine all the spices together into a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop the onion and set aside. Cube up your Ribeye and set aside.
- Add the bacon fat to the skillet then add the onion - get those nice and happy together.
- Add the ribeye to the skillet.
- Add the dry spices on top of the ribeye and mix while cooking. Keep the heat at medium to low temperature.
- Cook the meat for about 10 minutes then turn your skillet off. Put the meat in a serving bowl so the meat doesn't over cook.
- Done with the meat - Start putting those killer tacos together!
- Put the tortillas directly on the gas burner and cook them up. Flip them often so you don't burn them.
- This is fast and easy and they taste great this way!!!
- Build your TACO!
- Kick up a notch and add more hot sauce - I like it SPICY!!!