|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 25 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 25 mins|
Take breakfast to another level with this Spicy Mexican Casserole. Layer after layer of mouthwatering goodness will make you want more! This is a great dish to prep the night before and pop in the oven in the morning!
8 corn tortillas
4 links chorizo or sausage of your choice (about 1 1/4 lbs)
12 large eggs
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, rinsed and drained
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 poblano, diced
⅓ cup milk
1 jar red or green salsa
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
Diced red onion
- Remove the sausage from the casings, crumble, and cook in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the sausage starts to brown, add the diced onion, peppers, and minced garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the beans, corn, cumin, salt, milk, and salsa. Simmer until everything is heated through then remove from heat.
- Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl.
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and layer with 4 of the corn tortillas. Add 1/2 the sausage mixture on top and sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Pour 1/2 of the whisked eggs over the top.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, sausage mixture, cheese, and eggs. Sprinkle or grate extra cheese on top, if desired, then cover with foil and transfer to the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook, covered, for 45 minutes. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Finish with the toppings of your choice and enjoy!