|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
1 skirt steak, about 2-3 lbs
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
10 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp avocado oil
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp chipotle chili powder
½ tsp kosher salt
½ cup fresh cilantro
1 large onion, cut into large pieces
Grilled Corn Salsa
2 red jalapeños, seeded and minced
6 ears fresh corn, shucked
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
½ cup minced red onion
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp grated lime rind
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp kosher salt
For Assembly & Serving
16 corn and/or flour tortillas
Crumbled queso fresco
Thinly sliced radishes
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients except for the cilantro and onions.
- Pour the marinade into a large, shallow dish or a Ziploc bag. Add the cilantro and onion.
- Add the skirt steak and flip to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-10 hours.
- While the steak marinates, prepare the grilled corn salsa: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Grill the corn, uncovered, turning often, until charred, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes then cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Combine the corn, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, onion, cilantro, lime juice and rind, and salt. Mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Salsa will last up to a week in the fridge and is great on salads, chicken, eggs, and more!)
- Remove the steak from the fridge about 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (aim for about 450-475°F). Remove the steak from the marinade and discard remaining marinade. Oil the grill grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill the steak for 3-5 minutes per side, until desired degree of doneness is reached. (135°F for med-rare, 145°F for medium.)
- Let rest for 5-7 minutes then slice against the grain.
- Grill the tortillas for a couple minutes on each side.
- Add some carne asada to each tortilla and top with the grilled corn salsa, crumbled queso fresco, sour cream, radishes, and jalapeños, if you want it extra spicy!