|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 55 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 15 mins|
2 sheets frozen pastry dough (Lead Betters, French Picnic Gluten Free) thawed
5 Bartlett pears (ripe but firm), peeled, halved and cored
4 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature), cubed
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Canola oil spray (for the tart pan)
2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Thinly slice the pears and add to a large bowl.
- Spray your tart pan with the canola spray - this helps with sticking to the pan
- Add the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, crystallized ginger, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and lemon juice. Toss until well combined.
- Fill the pan with the pear mixture.
- Place the other pastry sheet on top and crimp around the edges using a fork. Remove any excess dough from around the edges.
- Use a fork to make small vent holes.
- Place the tart on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven, brush with the melted butter, and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Pull the Tart out and let sit for 10 - 15 minutes
- Slice and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.