|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 17 mins||TOTAL TIME: 27 mins|
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
¼ cup full fat coconut milk
¼ cup apple sauce
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ginger
Silicone donut pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray the silicone donut pan with avocado or coconut oil spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Add the melted coconut oil to another bowl, and add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Whisk to make sure everything is blended evenly.
- Pour wet batter into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Gently scoop batter into each donut cavity, almost up to the fill line.
- Use your fingers to gently even out the donuts.
- Bake for 16-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for two-three minutes, then flip the donut pan upside down so that the donuts easily pop out.
- Lightly spray coconut oil on top of each donut and sprinkle on some additional cinnamon and/or sugar.
Notes: These are not like your traditional type donuts, they are more like a muffin.
If you want sweeter tasting donuts, use 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar instead of the Maple Syrup.If you don't have almond flour or coconut flour you can substitute it with a Gluten Free flour like Cup4Cup.