|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 45 mins|
A simple and easy Spanish Paella recipe that my good friend Matt O'Haren teaches us how to make! Super tasty and fun for the family...
4 tbsp olive oil
½ lb chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups arborio rice
32 oz chicken stock
16 oz frozen peas
16 large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp saffron
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
3 bay leaves
2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes, until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the remaining olive oil. Add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and cook, stirring often, until it becomes golden in color.
- Pour in most of the chicken broth and mix well. Add the saffron, bay leaves, cooked chicken, and peas.
- Pour in about half of the remaining chicken broth.
- Arrange the red pepper slices on top.
- Place the shrimp on top and pour in the last of the chicken broth. v
- Add the mussels evenly around the pan and continue simmering until the mussels open up.
- Remove from heat, cover with tin foil, and let stand for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!