|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 3 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 3 hrs 15 mins|
Dry porcini mushrooms (never use fresh)
Extra virgin olive oil
Sous vide machine
Cast iron skillet
- Add the porcini mushrooms to a container with warm water so they get rehydrated.
- Tie the medallions so they keep their shape under the pressure of the sous vide pouch. Put the tenderloin medallions in a sous vide pouch along with some olive oil. Set the sous vide to 125°F and cook for at least 2 hours. (You might need some weight because they like to float.)
- Take them out of the pouches and pat them dry. Remove the twine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a cast iron skillet big enough for the 4 medallions. Be careful to not go too much over 400°F, you can burn the oil. Add some olive oil and the medallions. We are only looking to get a nice crust. They are already cooked.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and after you’ve flipped the medallions, add them to the skillet. They will cook quite fast.
- Add the mushrooms, wait a minute or two, flip the tomatoes. Wait another minute or two, add the arugula on top of drizzle some balsamic vinegar. Let it cook for about 60 seconds and then take it out and plate it. If possible over warm plates.
- For the side you can make some asparagus. I cooked them in another sous vide in a pouch with salt and olive oil for 18 minutes at 185°F.
Recipe adapted from: Victor Wolansky