|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 45 mins||TOTAL TIME: 55 mins|
A healthy, hearty breakfast or brunch, this Veggie Frittata with Hash Brown Crust is a great way to use up extra veggies hanging out in your fridge or fresh veggies from your summer garden!
2 cups egg whites
¼ cup almond milk
½ cup shredded goat cheddar, goat crumble cheese
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp freshly chopped onions
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
½ tsp chili powder
Vegetables of your choice - red & orange bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, small asparagus spears.
½ lb Italian Sausage or sausage of your choice
1 package frozen Alexia hash browns
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a round baking dish with oil.
- Let hash browns completely thaw out.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and toss with the salt, chili powder, and 1 tsp pepper.
- Place the potatoes into the baking dish and pat down into a thin crust.
- Bake the potato crust for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the crust cooks, place the vegetables and sausage onto a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, cheese, nutritional yeast, onions, Italian seasonings, and remaining black pepper.
- Transfer the veggies and sausage to the crust and pour the egg white mixture over the top.
- Place a few of the veggies and sausage pieces on top for decoration.
- Return to the oven for about 30 minutes, until the eggs are set and top begins to brown.
- Let rest for at least 10 minutes, then slice and serve!