|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 3 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 3 hrs 10 mins|
2 lbs pork shoulder
Your favorite dry rub
½ cup orange juice
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1 fresh zucchini, sliced into half moons
1 can diced, fire roasted tomatoes
½ cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup diced onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp basil oil
Splash of white wine
Instant read thermometer
- Rub the pork shoulder down with your favorite dry rub and smoke at 250°F until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
- Remove from the smoker, lay on a few sheets of foil, pour the orange juice over the top, then wrap up with the foil.
- Continue smoking until an internal temperature of 195°F is reached. (The whole thing took me about 3 hours. You can also bake in the oven instead of smoking.)
- Let rest for one hour.
- For the veggie medley, heat the basil oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and continue sautéing for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the corn, peas, tomatoes, mushrooms, thyme, basil, and cumin. Continue sautéing for 5-6 minutes then add a splash of wine and cook another minute or two.
- Remove from heat and serve alongside the smoked pork shoulder. (This meal is great with some rice on the side and a little chutney for the pork!)