|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 6 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 6 hrs 15 mins|
Homemade BBQ Sauce
¼ cup Jack Daniels
1 tbsp honey
½ cup base BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
⅓ cup apple juice
½ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp Dave's Insanity Sauce (adjust to taste)
1 bag coleslaw mix
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
12 Brioche slider buns
Sliced Sunset Cheddar
Large foil pan
- Rub the brisket with a combination of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat smoker to 180°F. Baste the brisket with some Coors Light and sprinkle with a bit of cayenne pepper.
- Place on the smoker and cook for 2 hours. Baste about once an hour with beer.
- After 2 hours, place in an aluminum pan with more beer and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, add a little more beer, cover with aluminum foil, and continue cooking for another hour or two.
- Remove from the smoker, rest, and slice.
- For the homemade BBQ sauce, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator when not using.
- To prepare the coleslaw, combine the coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, milk, and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
- Toss until the coleslaw mix is well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To assemble, slice the buns in half and top with some of the sliced brisket.
- Top with a slice of cheese, a squirt of homemade BBQ sauce, and some of the sour coleslaw. Enjoy!