|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 10 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 10 hrs 15 mins|
2 lbs brisket
1 jar banana peppers
15 oz beef broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup chopped tomatoes
½ cup diced onion
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Instant read thermometer
- To prepare the brisket, combine the banana peppers (with juices), beef broth, and minced garlic in a saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat until reduced by about half. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Season the brisket generously with salt and pepper.
- Inject the brisket with about half of the reduction and refrigerate overnight.
- Smoke the brisket for 8-10 hours at 225°F.
- Remove from the smoker, double wrap with foil and add the remaining reduction.
- Smoke for another 4-5 hours, until the brisket reaches an internal temperature of 205°F.
- Remove from the smoker, shred the meat, and set aside.
- To make the nachos, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large sheet pan with tortilla chips. Top with the shredded brisket, black beans, tomatoes, onions, and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with cilantro, avocado, and sour cream. Serve immediately.