|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 12 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 12 hrs 15 mins|
5 lbs beef brisket
Kosher salt and pepper
Obie Cue’s Brisket Rub (or your favorite dry rub)
3 lbs Pork shoulder (aka Boston butt)
12 oz peach nectar (canned)
2 cups apple juice
⅓ cup Rob’s Smokin’ Rub (or your favorite dry rub) + additional for sprinkling
12 oz broccoli slaw (1 bag)
2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
¼ cup diced red onion
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1 cup coleslaw dressing
Texas Chicken Tickler seasoning (or your favorite seasoning), to taste
8 Burger buns
Hickory and apple wood
- For the brisket, remove the top layer of fat from the brisket using a sharp knife. (The seasoning will not penetrate the fat.)
- Seasoning with kosher salt and pepper, followed by a liberal sprinkling of dry rub.
- Place in an aluminum pan and smoke at around 225°F for 1 hour per pound.
- When done smoking, allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes before roughly chopping with a sharp knife.
- For the pulled pork, combine the peach nectar, apple juice, and dry rub in a large bowl.
- Inject the pork shoulder with about 1 - 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and generously season with the dry rub.
- Place in an aluminum pan and smoke at 225°F for about 12 hours.
- When done smoking, allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes before shredding with hands or meat claws.
- For the coleslaw, combine the broccoli slaw, shredded cabbage, red onion, dried cranberries, and bacon in a large bowl.
- Toss with enough coleslaw dressing to fully coat everything.
- Season to taste with Texas Chicken Tickler seasoning or your favorite seasoning.
- To assemble the sandwiches, open up your burger bun and place a generous amount of BBQ sauce on the bottom.
- Add a handful of the beef brisket to the bun and a squirt of BBQ sauce.
- Top with a handful of the pork and a bit more BBQ sauce. Add a large spoonful of the slaw.
- Squeeze a bit of BBQ sauce onto the top bun to finish the sandwich off.