|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 12 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 12-14 hrs|
The simplest brisket recipe you'll ever try! Comes out juicy and flavorful every time! Melt in your mouth goodness!
1 18-20 lb brisket
Ben's Heffer Dust
3 tbsp beef base
2 cups apple cider
2 cups water
Ultimate Cutting Board
Instant read thermometer
- Combine the injection ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot, do not boil. Allow to cool completely before injecting.
- Remove excess fat from the flat side and remove fat to expose the point side.
- Inject the brisket with the prepared mixture, reserving about 1 cup for later. Refrigerate overnight.
- Season generously with Ben's Heffer Dust and let rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Smoke at 235°F until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. (Approximately 8-10 hours.)
- Remove the brisket, double wrap with foil, adding the reserved injection liquid.
- When the brisket reaches 203°F, begin probing for tenderness. (Approximately 2-4 more hours.)
- Remove from the smoker, keep it wrapped and put it in a cooler to rest for at least 1-2 hours. The cooler is the trick to a super juicy brisket!
- Cut the flat end point and remove to allow for easy slicing. Slice against the grain and serve!