|YIELDS: 10 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
"Bluebarb Cobbler" Blueberry meets Rhubarb in this unbelievably tasty cobbler dessert that you won't stop eating until it's all gone! Topped with moist buttery biscuits... you are in heaven!
1 ½ lbs rhubarb chopped in 1 inch pieces
1 lb fresh blueberries
3 tbsp cornstarch
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp orange juice fresh squeezed preferably
2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Combine rhubarb, cornstarch, sugars, juice and 2 T butter in a 10" cast iron skillet.
- Stir carefully then set aside while you prepare biscuit topping.
- Stir together dry ingredients plus zest.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat egg with a fork to break it up, then stir milk and egg into dry ingredients. Do not overbeat - there will be a few lumps. Set aside.
- Set pellet smoker or gas grill to medium and place skillet on grate. Adjust settings periodically so you maintain a temperature of 400°F throughout the cooking process.
- CAREFULLY stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to bubble, then allow to simmer for 1 full minute.
- Spoon dough around the perimeter of the pan first, then fill in the center, making 10 biscuits.
- Close lid of grill and cook for about 20 minutes until biscuits are firm to the touch but still fluffy and not wet. They should be golden brown.
- Using a pot holder, remove from grill and allow to cool on a trivet for about 30 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream.
- For Oven-Baking: Combine rhubarb filling ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and boil for one minute.
- Pour into oven-safe baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare biscuits as directed above and spoon over filling.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 400°F.
Recipe adapted from: The Farm Girl Cooks