|YIELDS: 4 Servings
||PREP TIME: 10 mins
||COOK TIME: 45 mins
||TOTAL TIME: 55 mins
6 medium beets
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Smoke or boil the beets until tender. (Smoke them at 275°F for about 2 hours or simmer in water for about 45 minutes.)
- Remove from the smoker/water and let cool before peeling.
- Peel the beets - wearing gloves will keep your hands from turning bright red.
- Quarter the beets and toss with the feta and dill.
- Season to taste with black pepper and drizzle generously with olive oil before serving.