|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 45 mins||COOK TIME: 4 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 4 hrs 45 mins|
The key to a kickass brisket is a flavorful rub...and a little beer doesn't hurt either. Chef Marc shares his recipe for brisket perfection. Smoky, tender, with a little kick from the cayenne pepper.
6 lbs brisket
1 cup beef broth
- Trim any excess fat from the brisket and score in a crosshatch pattern (about 1 x 1") across the top.
- Inject a bit of beef broth into the brisket to keep it from drying out.
- Combine all the ingredients for the rub in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Generously cover the brisket with the rub.
- Transfer to the smoker and smoke at 225-250°F temp for 1-1 1/2 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Transfer to a large disposable pan and pour the beer around the brisket.
- Cover tightly with a large piece of foil.
- Transfer to the oven and cook at 225-250°F for another couple of hours, until it reaches an internal temperature of 195°F.
- Transfer the wrapped brisket to a cooler and let stand for 1-2 hours.
- After the brisket has rested, remove from the cooler, and slice it against the grain.
- Serve and enjoy!!