|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 45 mins||COOK TIME: 4 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 4 hrs 45 mins|
6 lbs brisket
1 cup beef broth
¼ cup black pepper
¼ cup garlic powder
¼ cup onion powder
2 tbsp mustard powder
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp 2 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp cayenne powder
Instant read thermometer
Large disposable pan
- Trim any excess fat from the brisket and score in a crosshatch pattern (about 1 x 1") across the top.
- Inject a bit of beef broth into the brisket to keep it from drying out.
- Combine all the ingredients for the rub in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Generously cover the brisket with the rub.
- Transfer to the smoker and smoke at 225-250°F temp for 1-1 1/2 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Transfer to a large disposable pan and pour the beer around the brisket.
- Cover tightly with a large piece of foil.
- Transfer to the oven and cook at 225-250°F for another couple of hours, until it reaches an internal temperature of 195°F.
- Transfer the wrapped brisket to a cooler and let stand for 1-2 hours.
- After the brisket has rested, remove from the cooler, and slice it against the grain.
- Serve and enjoy!!