|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 3 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 3 hrs 15 mins|
1 tbsp dry miso soup mix
8 oz warm water (for the marinade)
1 cup BBQ sauce
2 cups cauliflower florets
Salt, pepper, and chili powder, to taste
1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups coconut water
2 cups cubed mango or pineapple
1 avocado, thinly sliced
Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Lay a large, flat plate with paper towels and place the tofu on the plate. Lay more paper towels over the top, then place a heavy object (like a cast iron pan) on top. Let stand for at least an hour to press the liquid out. Cut into 1" cubes.
- Combine the dry miso soup mix and warm water in a large freezer bag and mix.
- Add the tofu cubes to the bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat smoker or oven to 250°F
- Remove the tofu from the marinade and place in the smoker/oven for 2-3 hours.
- For the cauliflower, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and chili powder, and place in the smoker/oven with the tofu for 2-3 hours.
- When the tofu begins to feel firm on the outside, remove from the smoker and toss with BBQ sauce. Return to the smoker for 20 minutes, then remove and toss again in BBQ sauce.
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions using coconut water instead of water.
- To assemble, place a scoop of rice in a bowl, top with the smoked tofu/cauliflower, add diced mango, avocado, and any other fresh veggies you'd like. Garnish with sesame seeds and drizzle with additional BBQ sauce, if desired.