|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
2 tbsp olive oi
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 medium shallot, dice
2 tsp garlic, minced
½ capers, drained
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp heavy cream
- Allow the pork chops to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel, and then generously season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops and sear on one side for about 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on the bottoms. Flip the chops over and sear the other sides for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pork chops to the oven to keep warm while preparing the sauce.
- Pour all but about 1 teaspoon of oil from the pan and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the capers and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vinegar and cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until slightly thickened, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Place chops on a plate or platter and pour the sauce over them. Enjoy!