SHRIMP SPRING ROLLS WITH PEANUT SAUCE
|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 30 mins||COOK TIME: 5 mins||TOTAL TIME: 35 mins|
Fresh and easy shrimp spring rolls with a super tasty peanut dipping sauce. A light and healthy appetizer that the kids will love helping with!
Shrimp Spring Rolls
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (medium-large size)
1 package rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
1 package rice paper wrappers
1 bunch fresh mint
1 bunch chives
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup hoisin sauce
½ cup chicken stock
1 tsp chili paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp shredded carrot
1 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Prepare a large bowl of water to soak the rice papers in.
- To assemble a spring roll, place one of the wrappers in warm water for several seconds until soft and pliable.
- Set the softened wrap on your work surface and fill with a bit of noodles, mint, cilantro, shredded carrots, and lettuce. Roll the wrap once then add two pieces of shrimp, roll once more, add a piece of chive, tuck in the sides then finish rolling and place seam side down on a serving dish.
- Continue with the remaining ingredients. (This is a great task for the kids!)
- For the peanut sauce, combine the peanut oil, minced garlic, hoisin sauce, chicken stock, peanut butter chili paste, sugar, and tomato paste in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk until smooth and heated through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with shredded carrot and chopped peanuts.