|YIELDS: 3 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
There's nothing more comforting than a big bowl of noodle soup! This Shrimp and Scallop Udon hits the spot every time!
2 packages udon noodles
2 dashi packets
3 cups water or chicken stock (if using stock, you don't need the dashi)
⅓ cup diced or thinly sliced onion
2 tsp minced ginger
4 tbsp sesame oil, divided
Soy sauce, to taste
Salt, pepper, chili powder, to taste
12 fresh scallops
6 fresh shrimp (or you could use ham or chicken instead of seafood)
Furikake or sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat 2 tbsp of the sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and ginger and cook until softened.
- Add the water and dashi packets or chicken stock then bring to a boil.
- Stir in the noodles and add a dash of soy sauce. Simmer until the noodles are cooked through (or heated through if using precooked).
- While the noodles are simmering, cook the shrimp and scallops. Heat the remaining sesame oil in a non-stick pan.
- Season the shrimp and scallops with salt, pepper, and chili powder and cook for 1-2 minutes per side. Until the shrimp are pink and the scallops are firm. (Don't overcook!)
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with the cooked seafood, and garnish with furikake and/or sesame seeds. Enjoy!