YIELDS: 6 Servings
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 6 mins
TOTAL TIME: 11 mins
These spice-rubbed tuna steaks grill up in a matter of minutes and are served with a sweet and spicy wasabi-teriyaki sauce.
2 lbs Ahi tuna steak (sushi grade)
Cooking oil spray
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp chili powder
2 tbsp Chinese five spice
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp wasabi sauce
¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, cayenne, chili powder, Chinese five spice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Thoroughly coat each tuna steak with the spice rub.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and spray generously with cooking oil.
- Sear the tuna steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While the tuna sears, mix together the wasabi and teriyaki sauce with a fork.
- Remove the tuna from the grill and let rest for a minute or two.
- Cut the tuna into slices, serve with the wasabi sauce, and enjoy!!