|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 35 mins||COOK TIME: 35 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins|
12 oz crab claw meat, drained
3 lbs shrimp, tail off, peeled and deveined
3 tbsp blackening seasoning, divided
½ cup unsalted butter, divided
Cajun Nacho Cheese Sauce
2 tbsp unsalted butter
5 tbsp flour
1 cup milk
1 shallot, diced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
½ cup your favorite lager
1 lb shredded sharp cheddar
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
Pico de gallo
- Start by cooking the seafood: Heat 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the catfish filets on both sides with 1 tbsp blackening seasoning and sear for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, roughly chop, and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with 1 tbsp blackening seasoning. Add 2 tbsp butter to the skillet and sauté the shrimp until light pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a large bowl and pour any remaining butter from the skillet over them.
- Season the crab meat with last tbsp of blackening seasoning. Add the remaining 4 tbsp butter to the skillet and cook the crabmeat until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Grease a large sheet pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover the bottom of the sheet pan with tortilla chips and top with the crabmeat, shrimp, and catfish in no particular order. Transfer to the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- To make the cajun nacho cheese sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and whisk until combined.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly whisk in the milk. Add the shallots, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 3 minutes, whisking occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the beer and shredded cheddar. Add the Cajun seasoning and mix well.
- To assemble the nachos, drizzle the cheese sauce over the tortilla chips and seafood. Top with sour cream, pico de gallo, and/or jalapeños, if desired, and dig in!