|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
We had the pleasure of enjoying this Salt Crusted Sea Bass while in Singapore; made by Italian chef, Simone Loisi, a hard working dad who is married to a local Singaporean. Born in Italy, he was also trained in France so he can beautifully create many Italian and French dishes. He is sharing his recipes since he loves to teach others how to make his homeland cuisine.
Follow him on IG: @simoneloisi_sg
2 lb whole wild sea bass
4 cups kosher salt
7 oz egg whites
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp rosemary
2 ½ tbsp lemon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse the sea bass and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, egg whites, thyme, rosemary, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Create a bed of the salt mixture, about ¼” thick and the width/length of the sea bass, on the baking sheet.
- Lay the sea bass on the salt and completely cover the fish with the remaining salt mixture, ensuring that it is sealed all around.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Scrape away the salt crust and enjoy!