|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
A classic Italian combo of salami and burrata, paired with a super simple, roasted marinara sauce and fail-proof pizza dough. Take pizza night to the next level with this remarkable pie!
1 cup roasted marinara (recipe below)
¼ cup grated parmesan
½ cup sliced, uncured salami
4 oz fresh burrata, sliced
1 fresh tomato, sliced
½ cup shredded mozzarella
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Start by preparing the dough: Mix yeast and water together in the bowl of a stand mixer affixed with the dough hook attachment. (Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer with dough hook attachments.)
- Add flour to the mixer and mix on low for about 1 minute.
- Once combined, increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add salt and mix on low for 1 minute then increase speed to high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Stop mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the olive oil.
- Mix on low for 1 minute then increase speed to high for 2 minutes.
- Final product will be tacky/sticky, like frosting.
- Cut into 4 equal size (400 grams) balls and wrap in plastic wrap. (Oil your hands when handling the dough, it helps the dough not stick.)
- Refrigerate for 8-24 hours, to let the dough form.
- For the roasted marinara, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the quartered tomatoes and onion onto a large baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt. Roast for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer everything to a large bowl. Use an immersion blender to blend until mostly smooth. (Alternatively, you can transfer everything to a blender and blend until mostly smooth.)
- To prepare the pizza, dust a large baking sheet or pizza stone with cornmeal or flour. Shape the pizza dough into a large circle and place on the prepared stone.
- Spread about 1 cup of the roasted marinara onto the dough and sprinkle with the parmesan. Arrange the salami, burrata, and tomato slices over the top and finish with the shredded mozzarella and a pinch of black pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.