|YIELDS: 6 Servings
|PREP TIME: 5 mins
|COOK TIME: 20 mins
|TOTAL TIME: 25 mins
Saffron brings out another dimension in this creamy pasta dish. Super simple way to add more flavor to your easy to make pasta. Add Italian sausage or whatever you like. Try making this the next time you want to make pasta for the family. They will be amazed!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Remove the sausages from the casings and place in a large bowl.
- Place the saffron threads in a small bowl and pour about 2 tbsp. of hot water over the top. Allow this to steep for several minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, thyme, and saffron water to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring often to break up the sausage.
- Stir in the heavy cream, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the past to boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
- Mix until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!