|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
5 Italian sausages
5 saffron threads
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb penne pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Remove the sausages from the casings and place in a large bowl.
- Place the saffron threads in a small bowl and pour about 2 tbsp. of hot water over the top. Allow this to steep for several minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, thyme, and saffron water to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring often to break up the sausage.
- Stir in the heavy cream, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the past to boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce.
- Mix until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!