|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Take Brussels Sprouts to another level when you roast them in your smoker or oven right on the stalk and add prosciutto!! The presentation on the table is a wow plus the flavor is so darn tasty!
1 Brussels sprouts stalk
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ lb sliced prosciutto or cured ham (Spanish, country, whatever you’d like)
Freshly ground pepper
Aleppo chili powder
Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, and/or aioli for dipping
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, remove any ugly leaves or empty stems still attached to the stalk.
- Preheat smoker or oven to 500°F. Once the water is boiling, stick the bottom end of the stalk in and let blanch for 5 minutes. Be sure to turn it as some of the sprouts will be just above the water. Repeat this process for the top half of the stalk and be sure to test the sprouts with a squeeze - they will give a bit and feel tender but not mushy.
- Transfer the stalk to a sheet pan lined with a piece of parchment paper or nonstick pad. Drizzle the stalk with extra virgin olive oil while still warm and season with salt, pepper, and Aleppo chili powder.
- The cured ham will need to be cut in half so each slice will cover two Brussels sprouts. Wrap the sprouts, leaving a few in between unwrapped as an option, plus it looks amazing with the different colors and textures.
- Place in the preheated smoker/oven for 15 minutes, rotating the stalk to get even color and crispiness. The aroma will be amazing, the Brussels sprouts will be caramelized, and the ham will be crispy.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving tray. Serve with a few dipping sauces and carve the sprout stalk like a turkey, making it the star.