|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 35 mins||TOTAL TIME: 45 mins|
This pistachio-yogurt sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a simple roasted lamb loin, or any roasted meat! It’s creamy and slightly sweet, with the perfect touch of nuttiness from the pistachios.
1/4 cup sunflower oil
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp chopped pistachio
10 oz Greek yogurt
2 tbsp honey
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground cumin
1 splash lime juice
1 boneless lamb loin (around 1-1 ½ lbs)
2 tbsp olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
Food processor or blender
Large cast iron skillet
Instant read thermometer
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the pistachio-yogurt sauce, toast the pistachios on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing once, for about 5-8 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Add the pistachios to a food processor or blender and process until finely ground.
- With the food processor running, stream in the sunflower oil and blend until smooth and creamy. (Texture should be similar to tahini.)
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, honey, cinnamon, cumin, and lime juice.
- Fold in the pistachio paste and whisk. At this point, you can drizzle in a bit more oil if the sauce is too thick.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- For the lamb, increase the oven temperature to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper to taste, then evenly sprinkle the paprika, cumin, and oregano all over the lamb loin.
- Add the lamb to the hot skillet and sear on all sides, until golden brown.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until desired level of doneness is reached. (120°F for med-rare, 130°F for medium, 145°F for med-well.)
- Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1” thick slices and serve with the delicious pistachio-yogurt sauce!