|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Chef Paul Murray proves that bacon really does make everything taste better with his recipe for Bacon Broccoli.
3 heads broccoli
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
- For the bacon vinaigrette, heat a large pan and cook the cubed bacon until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Remove the bacon fat from the pan and measure out 3 tbsp of the fat.
- Return the 3 tbsp of bacon fat to the pan and sauté the minced shallot in it until softened.
- Whisk in the red wine vinegar, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- To roast the broccoli, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and spread evenly onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and toss until well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Drizzle the bacon vinaigrette over the broccoli.
- Serve and enjoy!